Regardless of skin color, hyperpigmentation (uneven skin tone) can be tricky to treat. It occurs when the production of melanin is excessive and causes dark spots on the skin. Common names for hyperpigmentation are sun spots, age spots, melasma, pregnancy mask and even freckles. At Darrow Wellness, we use a corrective peel followed by prescribed home care. With diligent management, hyperpigmentation can be calmed down and the results are a smoother, more even skin tone.
Common causes of skin hyperpigmentation include:
- Sun exposure
- Hormonal changes
- Botched skin treatments
Typically, hyperpigmentation is a harmless skin condition, however if moles or other possible signs of skin cancer appear, they should be checked by a dermatologist.
HYPERPIGMENTATION TREATMENT AT DARROW WELLNESS
- Chemical peel – We use the Advanced Corrective Peel by Skinceuticals for superior outcome: Results are dramatic!!! Diminished appearance of discoloration along with smoother texture and decreased pore size are seen after one treatment. Brighter, more clarified skin tone. For optimal results, a series of 4-6 treatments every 4 weeks is recommended.
- Home Care: here is the deal: Hyperpigmentation is not curable, but it is treatable. That means being diligent with your home care regimen—and it can be simple!!! We recommend the following:
- Pigment Corrector: retinol product-stimulates cell turnover
- Sunscreen: preferable SPF 50–Protect yourself from the sun!
- Vitamin C: topical anti-oxidant which protects your skin from UV light. Our bodies do not make vitamin C and guess what, topical C is better absorbed than orally supplemented (for the skin)